Mathematics: High School level: Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus AB
Test Prep: PSAT Math and verbal, SAT math, verbal
GRE quantitative and verbal
Provide a written assessment after the first session--available.
WHY CONSIDER INDIVIDUAL TUTORING?
- Raise your grade
- Upcoming standardized test
- Difficulty concentrating in a classroom situation
- Moving too fast in Math class at school
- Test-taking anxiety
- Conflict with current teacher
- Need a high score for a scholarship or for college admission
- Need strategies
The idea that you are born good or bad at Math is a misconception. Most students are fully capable of creating a mental conceptual framework for connecting the dots about how Math works, and understanding its internal consistency.
I address both Math topic gaps and "belief system" barriers to success, while supporting the student's innate strengths, in a non-judgmental environment.